New UDK for People Who Actually Use UDK. lol.

Video GamesWell, Epic just released a new UDK beta! Whatever. It’s here if you actually want it. And here’s a list of changes to the engine.


Personally, I would rather mod GTA than use the UDK. I’d use Unity if I was going to make an indie game way before I considered Epic’s “Make them do it Tim’s way” proprietary mess.


Besides, the Grit Game Engine is probably going to put the rest of internet independent game and mod development to shame, while being open source and free all-the-way.


Anyway, I just thought I’d share it for the less-serious hobbyists out there who just need some new frag maps or something to do between faps.


Unreal Development Kit needs a complete make over. For one thing, stop putting everything in one ugly unusable BSP editor (I really feel bad for people who think THATS how you make games in 2010).


If I wanted to be forced into a recompile every time I move a single freaking light, and do fake streaming if I want large worlds, and use old forget-worthy BSP, I wouldn’t lock myself down to your choice in licensing, that’s for damned sure.


Appreciate you “sharing” your technology, however, I hope you can appreciate what’s wrong with it and why you stand very little chance in this new market you have joined. The indie world is pretty much going to crush UDK unless you change the core entirely.

source:here