Celebrate, Page Rank 2, Alexa Top 1million

website ranking milestone


This blog is now a Page Rank 2 and in the Alexa Top 1,000,000 sites. How many web pages are there in the world? It’s hard to tell – and not all of them are indexed by Google and ranked by Alexa, but needless to say, this is one of the more important milestones webmasters can shoot for in the equity of their pages, is ranking up in these things.


My Alexa Traffic Rank just hit 999,586, so I am at the bottom of the pile – but it’s the good pile.  Feels rewarding and motivational, saying the least.


It took me a fair bit of time to get here to be honest; certainly it could have been faster but I did not spend as much time on this site as I wanted to. This site is not the average info site because I like to be opinionated and sometimes even controversial on it about the things I most enjoy; that is hard to do in a hard year such that I have had (won’t bore ya). This site turns 1 year old in May, by the way.


I started this one to just shoot-the-sh*t on now and then, but it turned out there are a lot more people into the same things as me than I thought. Over the past couple of years leading to this site, I hooked back up with some friends from the GTA Modding scene and made new ones who, we are all working on a game engine and game development community together, backed by the Grit Game Engine. It’s new but man does it hold so much promise, and with a high factoring of our new group talented. I’m glad to be involved with that.


What for the next year then? Well, right now I need to focus on being sure I can even keep the site up (hint hint)  and for certain I need to post more about all the great content I have found out there for Unity Game Engine, UDK, and lesser know (but should be!) game engines like Grit and so on. Thanks for reading.

source:here