How to Fix Error 13019 when syncing the iPhone

For several days I've had problems with my iPhone, Then the pair with iTunes showed me an error with the number 13019Fortunately already corrected and share the solution here if anyone needs it.

The first thing I did was search the site Apple Support where they come from several possible solutions as synchronization off voice notes, clearing the other content or timing synchronized with another user, unfortunately none of these solutions worked for me, the problem remained, so I tried utilities like iFix or iREB but neither worked, so I came to try to disable synchronization of music and it worked.

The solution to this error that shows you iTunes is:

  1. With your device connected to your computer iTunes see Devices -> IPhone -> Music and then uncheck the box that says "Synchronize your music
  2. Synchronize iPhone with iTunes This will erase all the music on your device, do not panic, because the music is on your computer.
  3. After synchronizing, re-check the box "Synchronize your music"To deselect it in step 1, this returns the music to your iPhone
  4. Once finished you will no longer synchronize the mistake and settled.

It is important that you do all this in the computer you normally sync your iPhone.