Theory of goodness

"As for you last no irrevocable decisions or principle, and no god, what is preventing it from committing any crimes?"

"I find in myself as much harm as any other, but as the action defy mother of all vices, I'm not causing suffering to anyone. Harmless, greed, and without enough energy and indecency to face with others, left the world as we found. Revenge presupposes every instant monitoring and systematic spirit, a continuity expensive, while indifference and contempt of forgiveness hours ago pleasantly empty. All represent a threat to moral goodness, only saves negligence. After choosing the coolness of the fool and the apathy of the angel, I excluded myself from the acts and, as goodness is incompatible with life, I have rotten to be good. "

E.M. Cioran, Précis of decomposition, 1949